Friday was one of the best days Ive had in a long time. It was a perfect end to a not so perfect week. Evans cousin Aaron just finished his year at school and really wanted to go to Drumheller to the Royal Tyrell Museum. He is studying Geology and thought it would be cool to go see the dinosaurs cause now he 'understands' it. In other words, he wanted to go and look at all the things we usually dont look at. Kael was all riled up to go. I asked him if he wanted to go the the dinosaurs. "hAsser!? woooOOOooaar". Ive taken Kael to the museum a couple times the year before, but this year was so much more fun cause for one, he was awake, and two he was fascinated by it. Stef (Aarons girlfriend) sat in the back with Kael on the way there and was trying to teach him some new words.
We arrived around 11am. Kaels face lit ip when we got out of the car and he saw some Bobcats working away in front of the museum. It made his day even more when they beeped their little horn at him as he waved "hi" while we were walking past. As soon as we got into the museum Kael noticed one of the displays and went running to it yelling "NINE OH!!! NINE OH!!!". I was trying to figure out what he was saying, Stef told it was "dino". Thats was she was teaching him on the way down. I thought it was very smart of him to put the two together because ive always called them dinosaurs not dinos. He went from display to display pointing and saying "nine-oh!" He was calling the lizards turtles, but thats okay, they are kinda related. My favorite part of the museum was when we got to the section where its the underwater creatures. You go into this dark room and everything is behind plexiglass, even the floor so you can see the creatures below you and you feel like you are in the water. I was pushing the stroller with one hand and holding Kaels hand in the other. As we entered the room I could feel Kael pushing back on the wall beside him and trying to pull me back with him. I said, "its okay sweety see? you can step, you wont fall through." and I showed him that I can stand there and not fall in. So Kael, while still gripping the wall with one hand, slowly edged his foot onto the room, being sure to keep it on the beam that was holding the flooring up, still scared he might fall in. I nudged him forward a bit so that his foot would land on the glass part and he nearly fell flat on the floor, but started laughing once he realized he really wasnt going to fall in. He was fascinated by the room. There was lots of cool lights and sounds.
After the museum we took the kids to the park then headed over to climb the tallest T-rex in the world! Kael did awesome. He climbed all 106 stairs!!! and then went down them all!!! Naveah also liked being up high in the T-Rex's mouth. There was a fake owl hanging up to keep the pigeons away, she thought it was a 'hoot'. haha okay bad joke.
After the T-Rex, we went and got huge ice cream cones then headed back home. The kids did amazing the whole trip. There was no melt downs and no crying. Just happy faces and lots of laughing. I cant wait to do it again.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
NINE-OHS!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
isn't that the greatest feeling in the world when you are out with your kids and they are just SO excited to see everything. i got tinglies reading this. sounds like you had a great time. and does naveah ever look like YOU when you were little in those pics!!!! we'll have to go to the museum sometime with my kids too :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like a really fun time. I can't wait to get to Drumheller soon too. Love it when the kids love to learn about things and their eyes and minds are wide open to knowledge. Glad Kael had a great time.
ReplyDeletecool! I totally want to go to Drumheller, too, now!
ReplyDelete