It's Naveahs Birthday today. At 10:15 pm tonight it will be the 1st anniversary of her birth. Wow has time flown! I destinctly remember sitting on the front porch waiting for Tom and Suzanne (Evans Parents) to get here. I remember tapping my foot and looking at the clock wondering, "how long do they think I have here?". They got to the house just after 8pm, just in time to put Kael to bed. Evan drove me to the hospital (taking the long way, grrr). Things were getting intense very quickly. We were so rushed to get there We nearly ripped the pod off the top of the car by trying to find parking in the parcade. Thank you to the man that was waving at us frantically saying "STOP!". It was 8:45 pm when we got to the hospital. Soon, very soon after we were greeted by Miss Naveah.
We celebrated by having two parties for her. One the day before with all her little friends. We had so much fun. The kids loved playing in the ball pit and all the other toys in the yard. I made a slide show of Naveahs First Year for all the mommies to watch, I hear it was pretty emotional. ;)
Here is a link to some pics. There was too many to put on here.
The day of her birthday I had a gathering with some of Evans side of the family for appetizers and cake. They also had the chance to view Naveahs show.
What made this event so awesome is that my baby girl decided to take her first steps. Ive been telling her since she was born that she will be walking by her first birthday. The day before her birthday during her party I was walking with her (she was holding my hand) and I reminded her of our agreement. "You know Naveah, we had a deal, that youd be walking by your first birthday. So youd better hurry up cause you only have one more day left!". I continued walking with her and I could feel her losening her grip. So I slid my finger out from her fist and there she stood! hands free! everyone started clapping and cheering. She got a little upset from it but it apparently didnt traumatize her because later that evening while visiting with Nana and Papa Jevne, she started walking! I was sitting with her on the kitchen floor and she just up and took off to Nana! I was so thrilled. She spent the night walking up a storm and has been doing the same today.
Check out the link for more bday pics
I love you Naveah. Happy Birthday.
Here is link to another video of her walking. SO CUTE! (please note that the link you see above the video thats posted is a DIFFERENT video. so watch them both!)
Excellent walking ability.
ReplyDeleteBut let's see what can she do behind a wheel.
She's so adorable!
ReplyDelete