Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ive Got Beautiful Kids!


Well its always an adventure when you've got toddlers. They are SO busy these days. Naveah is spitting words out like shes known them forever. Some of her new ones are "uh-oh, nana, moe-moe aka Zo-Zo(tom and suzannes dog),Ba-pa, Dada, Mama, bubye, dit-dat aka Kitty Kat". I was SO not expecting her to talk yet because Kael still is behind compaired to other kids his age. Shes really good at motoring around now and challenges the stairs on an hourly basis. She gets half way up before she realizes whats shes done and then just crys out because she is too scared to get back down. She is my opposite of Kael. She does everything he didn't. Shes loud, shes opinionated, shes demanding, she gets into the cupboards, puts everything in her mouth and is very VERY cheaky. Thats not to say that I dont love her to bits though. I could do nothing but giggle at her the other day when I went looking for her and found her sitting in the pantry chowing down on a bag of cheerios! (remind you of a particular cookie monster Mom and Dad?) I love that she just 'helps herself' when im taking 'too long'.

Kael is our engineer, our peacemaker and our entertainer. The room is always so happy when he is in it. Even when im not in the best of moods and just having a hard time dealing, he just seems to know. As I sit down and try to re-group he comes up to me and with a huge smile on his face says "hi!, hug?" and then wraps his little arms around me. I cant help but do everything to love him back when he does stuff like that. I love watching his brain work away as he tries to figure out how to put back together a toy that fell apart. I love his sudden out bursts of laughter-just because. Right now he is into movies. He loves watching movies! He lets me know when its time by going and getting a blanket, crawling up on the couch and tucking in every toe then points to the TV and says "moo-ee?". His favorite right now believe it or not is NOT Cars, though he would still choose it in a heart beat given the option, but one called "Fly me to the Moon". Its about these 3 little flies that make astronaut suits and fly to the moon on a rocket with the human astronauts. Its pretty cute.
Everyday with kids proves to be a trying one. But their little personalities are such a blessing.
I love you Kael and Naveah.

3 comments:

  1. Kael's hair is looking very Garfunkely these days.

    Good pics, Brit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! I love the hair, too - and Naveah's sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter sounds much like mine, she has 2 speeds: full speed ahead and sleep. haha.. she is into everything all the time, talking a blue streak all the time, curious about everything. she makes me tired. but i am always in "awh" of her. she amazes me with her knowledge and her bright personality. you have lovely kiddies brittany. i am sure you enjoy mother hood as much as i do, although i could use a few more hours of sleep, hehe.. xo

    ReplyDelete