Saturday, October 30, 2010

Just Another Charmer

Mr. HandsomeJacek is 8 weeks old. Wow what a different kid. I knew he was going to be unique. My whole pregnancy with him was different then my previous ones. I also knew that he was going to be an owl. I could tell by the way he moved. During my pregnancy every night at 11pm he would go stir crazy. Kicking, squirming, punching and occasionally a summerasault (an unpleasent experience). That same routine happened again between 4 and 5am, then again at 6am. Daytime movement stuck to meal times. Its amazing how this schedule sticks even after birth. Nearly every night (since birth) Jacek screams and fights between 10:30 and 11pm. Its a rare and appreciated occasion when he falls asleep, and stays asleep, at 9:30 or 10pm. He keeps to his schedule during the day as well. The moment I sit down for a meal, he wakes up and fusses. Its exhausting. I coped much better with this when he was still 'inside'. But slowly that routine is fading and moments of sleep are becoming more frequent. (I got 5 hours in a row the other night!!!!)
Jacek is going to do great things, I can already tell. He was smiling and cooing when he was only days old. He was able to push himself into a strong standing position within weeks. Hes found his hands already and I can already get giggles out of him when I tickle him. Hes even managed to roll himself half way over once. These are all milestones that took weeks and even months for my first two to achieve.
We recently had a check up for him a couple weeks ago he weighed in at 11lbs 9oz. And he was only 6 weeks old. Im sure we've soared past the 12lb mark by now.

Here are some pics of him over the past few weeks.





Great, another one just as charming as the other. Dimples and everything. Girls will be flocking to our house when they are older.
11lbs 9oz!!!


The midwife team. Anne, Theresa, (me and Jacek), Helen, and Taina. We took 2 pics and Taina managed to close her eyes for both of them!
Checking out Zuli

Cuddle time with Dad. aka. Short break for Mom.

Sleeping while deep in thought and basking in the sun.
the most peaceful sleep, is a Babys sleep.


3 comments:

  1. Holy Doodle ... he's starting to look more and more like Naveah these days! How he has changed in such a short time. I miss you all so much.
    :S ... Love you tons, Mom*me XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how he's growing:) I think he has a resemblence to Kael and Naveah, but i think he looks different too. i could be wrong though:) and he's just so stinking cute!!!!!

    ps... we used to quickly feed erica, then stick her in her chair in front of the hockey game just to get a moment to eat together;p she loved the movement of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness...i miss squeezing that lil guy!

    ReplyDelete