Tuesday, August 3, 2010

DUPLO DEAL!

I dont know about you but I think Lego/Duplo has become outrageously overpriced. However, they ARE the BEST building blocks in the world. We've had our stash of 'Mega blocks' for a couple years now and granted they did the job....but dont touch it once its built, it will fall apart.

Kael has built some pretty amazing structures ever since he started building and we figured it might be time to start searching for some better building blocks. While we were in Red Deer this past weekend, (kids stayed with Nanny and Papa Jevne) we needed to waste some time so we headed to 'Once Upon A Child', a well known consignment store in Alberta. While I was searching for a little something for the new baby to wear, Evan came racing around the corner holding a HUGE bag of blocks. I laughed. Suddenly he looked 3 again. "BABE! check this out!!!!". Sure enough, it was a huge bag of DUPLO!!! He wanted to get it. Worried about the price tag that would come with it I shook my head NO "its probably 50 bucks!"...I was wrong...it was only $12!!! We then found another large container full for $8. Bye bye Mega Blocks, HELLO duplo!

When we got home the kids were super excited to play with the blocks. I told them we needed to clean them first because they were really dirty. Some of you might be thinking that im crazy to even attempt washing hundreds and hundreds of little blocks...but NO! This is where having a jecuzzi tub comes in handy more than once!!! A little dishwasher detergent, a tub full of hot water and jecuzzi jets and we had ourselves a toy washing machine! Kael and Naveah were right in there stirring the toys and taking the ones apart that were stuck together. Those Duplo were the best things Evan and I bought!!! Oh, the kids are happy too. :)


1 comment:

  1. yay for Lego!! I agree, Megablocks just aren't as fun, for some reason. I bet the kids loved watching the jets wash the blocks!

    ReplyDelete